Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rounding Up

Yesterday I realized it was already May1st; which is really close to May 8th; which basically means June 8th is only a month away! I liked that better than thinking I still have 5 more weeks (atleast) to go. I have now reached that point where I have been here almost 3 weeks and am sick and tired of sitting around all day. The only thing I can see from my window is another hallway of the hospital and some weeds. I keep myself busy with books, homework, and black ops; but I am definitely getting restless. After all this is said and done I may never want to lay around all day again. I definitely will be spending as much time outdoors as possible. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting that when I came to the hospital it was beautiful 75-80 degree weather and when I leave it will be 120...Missing the only stretch of good weather in Phoenix is just cruel. I wouldn't say I am lonely (I get lots of visitors which I greatly appreciate, plus John is always around) and I am not necessarily bored but I do get depressed and overwhelmed by everything else I feel I should be doing or want to do. Milo could be here in a month and nothing is ready, and I have no control over getting things ready. The logical side of my brain realizes that even though Milo could be born in a month he won't be coming home for awhile after that. So I will have time to get things ready, but the emotional side of my brain is panicked at the thought of delivering a baby before everything is perfectly ready. All I have are a few clothes, diapers and a baby hat I made at last weeks arts and craft day. I realize a preemie baby who will stay in the NICU for quite awhile probably doesn't need much more than that; but it doesn't ease the panicked feeling (being a control freak is definitely not helping me in this matter). I have been so anxious over feeling prepared that I completely forgot I was suppose to graduate from my masters program next week! Even though I have been keeping up with my school work it just hasn't felt like a priority and with everything going on it just doesn't seem important. I wish I felt more proud or excited but it was just a one year accelerated program that went by so fast and has mostly been overshadowed by everything else going on (mainly buying our first house and getting pregnant). However I will still take a little time to celebrate from my room here; it went by fast but it is still a big (and expensive) accomplishment.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your masters degree! I can certainly understand that you feel like you need to be ready for Milo's arrival, but you're right too in thinking that newborns don't need much at first. I am sure everything will fall in place when it needs to. You are an amazing momma! :) Congrats on the new house too! What an exciting time in your lives!
    Did the pink tint go away? Silly me, I was checking the old blog and waiting for updates there! (Even though I commented on the Paleo/glucose update here.) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! It has been a busy year for us, the pink tint comes and goes. The nurses and doctors were surprised that my fluid hasn't ever been pink before because it is so common and indicative of cervical irritation (which happens when a baby is sitting right on it for weeks). So they said as long as it is not red there is nothing to worry about :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! That makes sense. Glad everything is going okay!

    ReplyDelete