Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A very stressful non stress test

The past week was pretty uneventful until today. Today has been the most stressful day since I was admitted to the hospital. I started my NST (non stress test to check milos heart rate) around 11:30 this morning. This usually only takes 20-40 minutes, but an hour came and went and the nurses told me he wasn't recovering well when he grabbed his cord or bumped into it ( basically his heart rate drops when he hits the cord and he should just bounce back up right afterwards but it was taking him awhile to bounce back). They gave me oxygen for about 30 minutes to help him out and kept me on the monitor until 7:30pm when he was finally able to recover quickly again. They also scheduled an ultra sound to do another biophysical profile. This time they didn't see him practice breathing and there still wasn't fluid so he got 4/8 on this test. They say that's not bad when the mom is ruptured but last time he got 6/8 and with the stress of the day it is hard not to worry. I'm now at 29 and 4 so he has that going for him if something did go wrong and I had to deliver him but I would really love to make it to 32 weeks as planned. Everything seemed fine by the time I got off the monitor but its stressful knowing that it took nearly 8 hours for him to be in the clear. I'm hoping tomorrow's NST is completely uneventful and we got back to our routine of being dreadfully boring for the nurses. After all no news is good news in these situations. 

6 comments:

  1. Sending happy and healthy thoughts for you and Milo
    - a TCOYF mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family. -lorik33t from TCOYF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you've made it to 30 weeks! Congratulations! That's amazing and totally wonderful! I'm rooting for you guys!

    --Wanderme from TCOYF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Tuesday was difficult for both you and Milo. Praying that you can get to 32 weeks and he'll be wrapped and in your arms soon. karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beener from TCOYFMay 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM

    Praying for you and Milo. Praying for peace for everyone and a healthy baby to come whenever his birthday is meant to happen (hopefully 32+ weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  6. update? praying for you, your spouse, and milo---

    ReplyDelete