Friday, May 10, 2013

Finally 28 Weeks (well close enough)

So technically I am 28 weeks as of tomorrow but all the exciting stuff has already happened. We finished our last does of steroids this week and had our latest ultra sound. The tech searched high and low for any pocket of fluid and found one that was 0.6 cm which I think she counted just to humor us, but I appreciated her persistence  There was more but again it was all mixed in with the cord, which is by Baby's face so that is good, but doesn't count as measurable fluid. This week has definitely been a hard one, we've been in the hospital for a full month now and while I like to think we are at the halfway point it's really just the beginning. Even though he will be born in another month or so, that too is just the start of another terrifying experience. We have no idea what to expect or how long he will be in the NICU. Based on other stories he won't be ready to come home until closer to his due date (August 3rd). How hard things seem now is just the tip of the iceberg for how hard things will get when the time comes for me to leave the hospital and Milo behind. Knowing that it will be best for Milo doesn't make it any easier. I am torn between celebrating each passing day as we get closer to 32 weeks, and knowing that I am one day closer to being forced to leave him. In the end it will all be worth it; but it's so hard to imagine everything that must come first. I'm still trying to keep busy and stay positive but some days it's just too much. We are so blessed to have made it this far and just continue to pray and have faith; after all what else can we do?

On another note, Milo measured about 1lb 12 oz today which isn't too far from where he should be (just off by about 4 oz). So despite the circumstances he seems to be growing well and is very active. Feeling him move around is the highlight of my day, it's just something small to let me know that he is doing ok. My nurses and techs have all been so wonderful and I do like 3/6 doctors I see. So I am praying that if I don't make it to 32 weeks then at least one of those doctors is on call. Otherwise the one thing I would love to control about this crazy pregnancy is the doctor performing the c-section. But since nothing seems to go according to plan lately I am not getting my hopes up this : P.

No comments:

Post a Comment