Saturday, May 4, 2013

27 Weeks!

We have finally hit another great milestone, the 3rd trimester! We are in our fourth week of our hospital stay and it's been 9 weeks since I ruptured : D Towards the end of the week I will get my next/last dose of the steroid injections. Although I have been leaking more often and larger amounts; but I don't see it as a bad thing. To me it is just a result of Milo's increased activity and size. He moves around constantly and frequently has the hiccups. The pink tint my fluid had comes and goes, but is considered very normal. My nurses and doctors were surprised it hadn't been pink yet. Pink fluid just means the cervix is irritated; which is expected when a baby is sitting on it :) Red blood would be indicative of placental abruption (where the placenta starts to detach from the uterine wall) and would be cause for concern, but pink is nothing to be worried about. I have my next growth and AFI (amniotic fluid index, basically how much fluid is in there I think it is safe to assume zero) ultrasound. I am really excited to see how much he has grown because he feels rather large to me; but I also want some reassurance after a freaky dream I had where he looked like a normal full term baby but was only 6 inches tall with cartoon features. I am certain that is not what he looks like but I would like to get some numbers just in case. We've had lots of visitors to keep me busy and I can hardly believe another week has gone by; even now I can't believe how fast this day has slipped away! Now that school is over I plan to keep busy with work and a few sewing projects. I bought materials to make my own nursing pillow and think the tray table over my bed will have no problem supporting my sewing machine.    We are also going to try and have an open house style baby shower here at the hospital over memorial weekend. We weren't sure if it made more sense to have one before or after but my mom pointed out that after Milo is born he won't be coming home for quite awhile. Plus now it gives me something else to look forward to during the next few weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 27wks! And yay for continuing hiccups! So glad time seems to be flying by now. This most recent post seems that you're in better spirits!

    I hear you on the weird dreams...DDs have been begging for a kitten, so I had a dream I gave birth to a kitten! Freaky!

    Congrats on finishing your Master's. That's a great accomplishment, you ought to be proud of yourself!

    Post pics of the shower if you can, i love me some pics! :)

    God bless you and dh and sweet Milo!
    karen

    ReplyDelete