Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend was pretty phenomenal; Saturday we had lots of visitors including my best friend (since 5th grade) who is 38 weeks pregnant with her little boy!
Then on Sunday my siblings, parents and grandma came over for a picnic style lunch in the hospital. Apparently they got quite a few stares lugging coolers of food into the Maternity ward. We had salad and cooked up burgers stuffed with mozarella and basil on our electric skillet. There are a lot of crock pot cooking books out there but we have perfected the electric skillet. We have cooked anything from steaks to boiling water for pasta in that thing. The nurses say the smell of delicious food has permenately seeped into the walls of our room. One morning we were cooking bacon and all the nurses ended up taking an early lunch because the smell made them all so hungry! After lunch we exchanged cards and gifts and just enjoyed being together outside of my hospital room. My sister is amazing and made an engraved wood slice for the nursery (straight off my nursery inspirational board on pinterest!)
For some reason just having one piece of the nursery complete made it feel like everything would be done and ready for Milo when the time came haha. I also got a precious necklace from my parents that had a heart shaped charm with baby feet engraved on it. Apparently my mom was trying to get it engraved with the baby's name, back when we thought we were having a girl but the website wasn't cooperating so she decided to just order it without the name since it was the last one. The next morning was when I called to tell her we were having a boy! It was a perfect afternoon and felt so nice to feel like everything was normal again. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family :D
Brother, Grandma, Dad, Mom, Me and Sister

My Husband and I 


 

3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Can you believe how far you've come?! I went back and read the first few posts of your thread in high risk pregnancy-you and sweet Milo have come so far!!

    The gift of the wood cut out is beautiful. I've not thought of that. Such a good idea!

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, we have come so far and can almost see the finish line and feel like we are finally out of the red zone. It's crazy for me to go back to the forums and think about when my only concern was a sch haha How has your pregnancy been going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing okay. See the doc again tomorrow, only 11 weeks left!
      How was your past week? Keeponhoping is in hospital, her water broke (w/twins)on Sunday. It's on tcoyf. Keep her in your prayers. She's 28 weeks, so she has a lot on her side, but still scary...Keep us updated! :) ((HUGS)) karen

      Delete