Monday, April 29, 2013

3 Hour GTT

I was woken up around 5am for step one of the 3 hour test; drink the sick sugar water. Then for the next 3 hours I was woken up each hour to be poked by amateur phlebotomists who kept missing my veins. That plus the sugar induced nausea led to a very terrible morning. I then got attitude from the on call doctor for not turning the lights on when she came in for the 30 second meeting we have each day. I found out a bit later that I passed the test but was too tired to really care each time a nurse came in to congratulate me.

Later this afternoon I had my regular NST and poor Milo's heart beat was a lot higher than normal. I'm convinced he too was feeling the ill affects of the sugar high (he is usually in the 130-135 range and was up at 150 today).

The rest of the day passed by slowly as I would do something productive for an hour then nap for an hour. I have been leaking a bit more than usual now that Milo is getting bigger and more active. Although I had a slight scare this evening when I saw the fluid had a pink tint too it. I know that most women usually bleed at some point after pPROM and it didn't mean anything was wrong but pink/red anything is always terrifying. The nurse checked on Milo and said everything was fine but to keep an eye on things. It isn't an active bleed and can be the result of a million different things so ill just try to not freak out over it and pray it goes away by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear an update! (Followed you here from tcoyf and am posting this test comment).

    ReplyDelete