Friday, November 8, 2013

5 months old!! (Almost 3 adjusted)

I can't believe it has been 3 months since milo came home with us. Some days it feels like last week and other it feels like a distant memory. Last week was the NICU graduate Halloween party. It felt weird walking back in to the hospital without feeling anxious. It was nice to see his doctor and the many nurses who watched over Milo. Although at one point Milo was asleep on my chest and the doctor who set us back a few days on leaving came up to say hi. As soon as she started talking Milo got this huge pouty lip on his face. It may have been a coincidence but his doctor said she gets that a lot an tries not to take it personally ;) 
Milo went as a turtle :)

We also took Milo to a local farm to play in a corn maze, explore a petting zoo and get a pumpkin (basically take pictures of
my cute baby in a pumpkin patch).






Milo weighs well over 11lbs now and is a dedicated thumb sucker. I have exclusively pumped for him since he was born but as my supply was dropping . So with the help of my local la leche league and a lot of frustrated tears (from both Milo and I) he is now exclusively nursing with just the occasional bottle if home alone with dad when hunger strikes. 

He is getting better at head control and loves to stare at bright lights and fans. He has a favorite toy and is getting better at grabbing things and waving them around. He smiles all the time and is such a happy baby. I often go back to many months ago when we were told out baby wouldn't survive and I just stare at him in awe and wish I could go back and tell
myself that the doctors were wrong. Our baby doesn't die and is in fact a beautiful happy boy and here are the pictures to prove it. 




His name may not be Selah but every time I look at his smile I pause and praise God.

6 comments:

  1. I have followed your story since the beginning at tcoyf. All I can say with tears of joy in my eyes is praise God, indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story! Milo is such a cutie and an amazing blessing. Praise the Lord!
    I really love the turtle costume and the pic with the glasses! So fun! Thank you for the update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your story on TCOYF. What an amazing testimony and encouragement for others!!! Thank you for helping me to focus on praising and thanking God through my SCH rather than giving into fear. You are a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A SCH is so terrifying and I am so thankful for the women on TCOYF. The support I received from those forums made all the difference. I hope yours resolves soon (as most do) and you can move forward to an easy and uneventful pregnancy :)

      Delete
  4. jess--
    update, please! i want to see how sweet milo is doing.
    peace,
    daybreak.seeker from tcoyf :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me to do an update, I had no idea it had been so long!! I will try to be better about it :)

      Delete