Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Done Waiting

Milo finally came home last Sunday August 4th; one day after his due date. He left at 4lbs 14oz and is already up to 5lbs 5 oz. he is growing, eating and sleeping well. 

Yesterday I was sitting down staring at this beautiful baby, reflecting on these past few months. Mainly on just how sick he was in those first few days and how many doctors and nurses told us he was lucky to even go home at all. Most of his problems early on were due to the knot in his cord. I then realized PPROM saved my baby's life. The doctors told us the knot must have been tied when there was still fluid. It wasn't pulled tight until a few days before he was born, It got me thinking that if my water hadn't broken and he was free to move about it could have tightened sooner and possibly killed him or at the very least caused severe brain damage. 

So I thank God my water broke so early, I thank God for this beautiful boy in my arms and I thank God for using the hard times in the NICU to bring me and my husband closer. 

I can not thank you all enough for the encouragement and many prayers you have continuously sent our way. Someday I will get to tell milo all about his birth story and this blog to show him all the love and support that got him through his rough start in life. I will continue to post regular updates on Milo and of course lots of pictures. Here are a few if his first week at home.









Milo finally meeting his BFF


5 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Enjoy the snuggle time. My boys came home on Aug 8th.
    edelweiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Milo's homecoming! It's great to see him doing so well. I ended up delivering at 32w4d due to severe preeclampsia and our buddy has been in the nicu. He's 35w2d now and sometimes it feels like he'll never come home. Knowing what you guys went through in the nicu and that Milo is now home with you is a great source of hope for me. Thanks so much for your updates!
    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading your story. Sent up a prayer this morning for your beautiful family. Just wanted to share this with you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNO11qhTWU
    I found this song when I was in college. I have always loved it. I hope it blesses you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, Jess! I'm Heather and I was just wondering if you would be willing to answer my question I have about your blog! Please email me a Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have followed Milo's story since your water first broke and you posted on TCOYF. From where this began, I will be totally honest and say that I grieved for you, because I thought you would lose your baby. Seeing you continue to carry him, keeping him alive and safe, then giving birth to him so premature, seeing him continue to thrive, and now come home has humbled me. I feel like you willed him to survive with the strength of your love. Congratulations on your son's homecoming, and I look forward to many more happy updates.

    ReplyDelete