Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Movin On Up

It has been smooth sailing for Milo this past week. He is off of CPAP and is now just on high flow oxygen. The nurses also told us this morning that since he is doing so well and is very stable that Milo will be moved to the continuing care nursery (CCN) once there is an opening (hopefully later this week). There he will have a private room where John and I can stay with him overnight!

He has been handling his feeds well and is packing on the pounds; usually an ounce a day. He was at 3 lbs 6 oz last night but I am sure once they weigh him tonight it will be up a bit more! He has no mediciations, no IV's, nothing but his nasal cannula and feeding tube :) We get to hold him as much as we'd like now; which is usually twice a day for about 3 hours each time. Each day we get more comfortable handling him and helping with his basic cares. His next major milestone will be getting his food completely from the bottle or via breastfeeding (but we will start with a bottle). He will start practicing with a bottle later this week when he is on standard flow oxygen (instead of the high flow) which will make it easier for him to eat and breathe at the same time. We are so proud of the progress he has made and it feel like he will be home any day now and John and I are anxiously getting ready! Thank you all for the continued prayers and support!!










8 comments:

  1. He is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy
    For you guys! I cannot wait for you guys to be able to take your sweet boy home! I follow your story every week! I posted earlier, I ppromed at 18 weeks and am still camping out in the hospital.... I am 33 weeks now.... You guys are absolutely an inspiration to me! I pray we are as blessed as you have been! I will continue to pray for you guys and milo! Thank you for your updates! You have to be one proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 33 weeks!! That is absolutely amazing, you are doing wonderful. That is a stunning achievement and will ensure a short stay in the NICU for your little one (if he/she has to stay at all!) Are your doctors going to let you go past 34 weeks? how has your little one been doing and growing?

      Delete
    2. Hi Jess! We are scheduled to deliver at 34 weeks. He weighs just over 4 pounds. Like you and John we are so worried about lung development. I get on your page almost daily to look at pictures of milo and how beautiful and perfect he is! I don't know if I could have kept going this long if I did not have the hope and strength you guys have given me! I cannot express how happy I am for you guys and for milo! I cannot imagine how happy you must be to have all of those lines out and be able to hold and cuddle him! I hope you are able to enjoy your baby more being able to sleep at the hospital with him! Take care of that sweet baby and again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

      Delete
    3. How exciting!!! If he is already over 4 pounds he is doing amazing! Milo is at 3 1/2 lbs now and 4 is when he will be in an open crib so that is one thing down for your little man already! Just so you know there is an awesome pprom group on Facebook. People post tons of questions and updates. There are also lots of moms who pprom babies are grown and have great advice. If you haven't already I suggest checking it out and good luck as you get close to the 34 week mark!

      Delete
    4. How exciting!!! If he is already over 4 pounds he is doing amazing! Milo is at 3 1/2 lbs now and 4 is when he will be in an open crib so that is one thing down for your little man already! Just so you know there is an awesome pprom group on Facebook. People post tons of questions and updates. There are also lots of moms who pprom babies are grown and have great advice. If you haven't already I suggest checking it out and good luck as you get close to the 34 week mark!

      Delete
  2. Yay for no more lines! And I cannot believe how plump he's gotten, and that blonde fuzzy head is so adorable. I pray a CCN room will open up swiftly so ya'll can be together more often. Ya'll have come so far! Sometimes I go back and read your first few posts from TCOYF, and I get so elated to see what God has done! Who knew your journey would be such as this! What a great hope and comfort you've shared with so many others, what a story Mighty Milo has! Thanks for continuing to update all of us and sharing pics. DH and I are so happy for ya'll! Grace and peace, karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news! thank you so much for the update. i am so glad to hear you all are doing well. what a handsome little boy! -a tcoyf momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see he's doing well and love the skin to skin pics! Praying for you all. edelweiss

    ReplyDelete